Fear of Speaking

Fear is hovering over me while speaking in a crowed. The intense electric feeling going through the body when seeing the faces of the crowd. Or the feeling of your heart dropping once hearing yourself stutter. There was a mixture of emotions that I was going through and I didn’t want to live in that type of fear. There was a solution that was presented and that was to play an instrument. I didn't think it would help or that it could help. Practice after practice I connected with the instrument and grew confident. But fear was creeping around the corner. A performance was coming up and I had to play in front of a crowd. When the day come, I grew nervous, but it was nothing compared to the moment right before the performance.  When waiting the thought of the crowd made the intense feeling rush back to me and put me in a panic state. But once I stepped on the stage and looked at the crowd, I froze but not because I panic but because I didn’t panic. I was okay and didn’t feel the fear. I just started playing and was fine and took that same attitude towards speaking in crowds.