Eye of the Beholder

They say "pretty hurts" or "it hurts to be beautiful" but if beauty is in the eye of the beholder, then who says changing your appearance will automatically make you one step closer towards true love

Being fake on the outside doesn't make someone more beautiful on the inside

So you don't have to go through pain to show off who you are

Because the phrase "love at first sight" can sometimes mean "I liked you because I thought you were cute"

But notice how I mentioned "I THOUGHT you were cute"

What that means is that one person out of billions found you pretty

Or at least had the confidence to say it first

And if not first, then they could've been the 16th

But that's 16 out of more than the average 7 billion people on this earth,

It's pretty wonderful that they were number 16

Put on some blush. Wear lipstick. Cut your hair. Dye it

But don't put yourself in any danger to look a little bit cuter by fixing your so called flaws instead of accepting them

Because once we accept them, we truly become flawless

To be known that we are not perfection just because we have no wrinkles, split ends, stretch marks, scars, braces, glasses, moles, or anything real that isn't always accepted

We shall be known for what we leave on this world no matter how big or small we accomplish

To take dignity in what you do even if it's saving a kid life or sweeping dirty floors,

Your contribution for what you achieve has more worth than your complaints on not being what's popular or gorgeous

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

So don't make anyone hold onto something they do not need

Let them receive what they deserve

Give them your heart

If they're as trustworthy as you hope them to be,

Then hope for them to keep it on their shelves for an achievement no one else received

But don't make yourself into just a trophy  

Make yourself something to be earned and well treated while also treating the one you love as well