Equality

If I was gay I would think hip-hop hates me
Have you read the YouTube comments lately?
"Man, that's gay" gets dropped on the daily
We've become so numb to what we're saying
Our culture founded from oppression
Yet we don't have acceptance for 'em
Call each other faggots
Behind the keys of a message board
A word rooted in hate
Yet our genre still ignores it
"Gay" is synonymous with the lesser
It's the same hate that's caused wars from religion
Gender to skin color, the complexion of your pigment.
The same fight that led people to walk-outs and sit-ins
it’s human rights for everybody, there is no difference
Live on! And be yourself!
When everyone else is more comfortable remaining voiceless
Rather than fighting for humans that have had their rights stolen
I might not be the same but that's not important
No freedom till we're equal
Dang right I support it . This song was written  by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis not only does this song go deep into depth of  “same love” but it’s a song that illustrates a voice  of somebody who’s being the difference our society finds unmoral because it’s not “normal”. In this essay you will get a taste of a flavor unexpected, TRUTH in our reality society finds unaccepted.
Equality- the state of being equal in status, rights, and opportunities. I want everybody to raise their hand if they feel as if they treat everyone in this room equally… Now I want everybody who just raised their hands to tell me if they’d still treat others the same knowing they are bi-sexual or gay.. Statistics have shown that In the past four decades, growing numbers of gays have come out of the closet and into the mainstream of American life. 4 in 10 Americans now report that some of their close friends or family members are gays or lesbians, according to a recent national survey by the Pew Research Center.  Now I asked you guys whether or not you’d still treat a friend or classmate the same for a purpose. Many  people hear a person’s gay and all of a sudden they are put into this category of sinners or wrong doers and the person you once knew before is now a stranger in society like all the rest to you. I’m here to stress the fact these people are human JUST LIKE US! Generations and more to come are continuing to evolve, some countries even accepting of gay marriage. And this is because we are all human at the end of the day, who (you *points* or you *points* decide to go to sleep or involve yourself with doesn’t take away from the humanity in which you live by day to day. Who’s to say Mr. Dexter’s shirt, or pants he’s wearing wasn’t designed by a gay fashion designer. Our generation is so quick to judge and put flashing lights *flashes hands* on gays. Studies show that anywhere from 15 percent to 43 percent of gay people have experienced some form of discrimination and harassment at the workplace. A staggering 90% of transgender workers report some form of harassment or mistreatment on the job. Let me ask you this... if I told you I’m bisexual would you look at me different now? Many of you in this room see me as an average girl, I go to school I work but I’ve never discussed my sexuality does this make me any different to you now? Before you are to pass judgment on anyone else, abide by that old saying “don’t judge a book by its cover”. For I am a part of this statistic of 4 in 10 Americans reported, fortunately I’ve found security in which others may have not. So I close with everyone in society is equal and deserves love. Be the change in our society and accept what is, and not what SHOULD be.