Enlightenment

The sun arises, as the moon kisses the stars goodbye, and this life starts yet again

the trees come alive as if their branches weren’t torn apart

the dew awakens from the ground, the Earth is now alive

the birds sing their hymn and the sky is a mixture of orange, and pink soaking in the air above

the lions on the south, bears on the east, wolfs on the north and birds of the west are now united, the earth is once again alive

The sun rises more, spreading across all the bodies of water that lay still, untouched

the water reflects off of itself, glimmering in an unspoken beauty

as the whiff of life enters the pores of the trees

the leaves so very still, no wind to move them into a dance just yet

in the distance there is a voice of pain, so strong that the sun receives a bloody color

the sun finally appears and embraces God’s art, and hint of life wakes up, to another 24 hours

another 24 hours to just be

in those 24 hours, humans will be birthed from the womb, taking in the first cry of life

while some slowly break down, falling into a sleep that is known as forever

they rot in the depth of the black cold ground and high above them tiny bodies rises up to the sky

and it is called a Heaven some say

or an afterlife that is a new life to begin again

some say it’s just a blackness, going to deeper and deeper into an abyss of even more black

wherever one goes after time on Earth has expired

they must go somewhere

because this world isn’t full of just nothing

it’s something that cannot be pinpointed and metaphors will be given back and forth, yet no one will ever know

enlightenment may be on the other side, but it is also on the side of life