Edge of Ecstasy

I can die, for I've seen heaven I've even said her name.  From one to ten, she's an eleven She's sweet, and she won't be tamed  Fortune favors the bold This girl sure knows how to be She's a lion, she's a wolf She knows just what to say to me  I fire a shot, she comes right back Her wit is a two edged sword I'm on the defense, she's on the attack I parry with just the right word  Then she's in front of me Her eyes like glittering stars The cheeks a blush of rose Her skin... It's free of scars.  A nutcase, unafraid to shut me up I'd have it no other way She reminds me that I'm not Who I was yesterday  Her body is a cursive poem Her curves, they're written in script I speak half a hundred tongues But I am vanquished by her lips  When she walks, the way she sways Has kept me up for several days I lay for hours memorizing Her rhythm and its hypnotizing  Come out with me at night and I will steal you all of the stars There's nothing I won't do for the wild girl without scars When I think 'this can't get better', she opens my heart, I see That when her lips meet mine, it's just the edge of ecstasy

Dcoburn.f17

I'm not sure why, but the poem won't display with the proper line breaks.