Deaf Boy

deaf boy wants you to know he has a hearing family

deaf boy wants you to know how it feels to have hearing parents that don’t know asl 

deaf boy wants you to know he wants to teach his parents to sign just  a little 

deaf boy wants you to know you can learn asl

deaf boy wants you to know he wants to teach you how to spell your name

deaf boy wants you to know dont copy and paste my language when you don't know what it means

deaf boy wants you to know how to clap for him in his language 

deaf boy wants you to know he has to live in two different cultures and two different worlds

deaf boy wants you to know he feels fractured

deaf boy wants you to know he doesn't hear cars coming

deaf boy wants you to know you have to tap him to get him to pay attention

deaf boy wants you to know that he needs one person talks at a time raise your hand so he knows who to look at that way he knows what your talking about so he can keep up

deaf boy wants you to know sometimes he can read lips clearly and sometimes he can't

deaf boy wants you to know he wants to be picked for the team 

deaf boy wants you to know that we can both pick up the ball and play

deaf boy wants you to know he has to read the bible while the preachers preaching

deaf boy wants you to know he wants to help hearing people understand how to be around deaf people

deaf boy wants you to know he's not hearing people's pets don't snap at him

deaf boy wants you to know that the deaf school is not less than the hearing school

deaf boy wants you to know he says I am not less than you 

deaf boy thinks your afraid of him

deaf boy says don't be scared of me 

don't be afraid to try and communicate

I want to make friends

but i'm not your armrest dont yell don't give me noogies don't taaaaaalk extra slow don't talk gibberish just talk normal

deaf boy wants you to know he says I want hearing people to not look down on me im not dumb I just dont speak your langusaeg 

deaf boy wants you to know he wants you to stop pointing and saying can you hear me can you hear me

deaf boy wants you to know that deafness is not a disease you can not catch it

deaf black boy wants you to know that sometimes people only see the black and they don't see the deaf 

deaf boy wants hearing police not to arrest him just because he can't hear you 

deaf boy says dont tell me to put my hands down I don't want to out my hands down I want to sign 

deaf boy says if you want me to speak as clearly as you do that you need to sign as clear as I do 

deaf boy says i'm not hearing impaired im deaf 

deaf have an identity 

deaf have a language

deaf have a culture

we are not impaired 

hearing people only have one language

I have two languages

deaf boy wants you to know that hearing impaired in offensive

deaf boy doesnt want you to call him the hearing impaired boy doesnt want you to call him animal doesnt want you to call him retarded doesnt want you to call him immature doesnt want you to call him low functioning doesnt want you to call him stupid doesnt want you to call him dumb call me by my name

my name is jordan