Day 2- write a letter to someone you used to love

you taught me to hate from deep within my chest ; where you set fire to any love or safety i once carried and told me we had to be strong for each other. what I carried for you from then on, was not love ; for you I carried lust, pride, and hatred. i couldn’t bare the thought of losing you and I hated anyone who ever tried to get between us, shooting then down with ice cold eyes and a stare that could break any man in just a moment and a half. to have you on my arm when nobody else could made me feel like the entire universe was at my finger tips ; they’re all our puppets, baby. we hold the strings. but I hated you, god damn I hated you so much. the way you’d make me feel like I was crazy for any doubt I ever had, and how you seemed to pick arguments more than you picked flowers for me to put on my bedside. I hated the way you pulled me in our first night together and I could feel myself melting into you, and our first kiss didn’t feel like fireworks ; our first kiss felt like being trapped in a hurricane. you taught me to hate you from deep within my chest.

-where you set fire to any love or safety you yourself provided.