Darkness and Light, Chandeliers and Flowers

DarknessSinking, deeper, drowning in the darkest colours imaginableGoing lower and lower until you reach the bottomLonely, cold, distantBut one wants to be that way after a whileOne gets used to the fact they will always be aloneThe hurt and torment one must feel to accept such a truthWhat one must go through to experience such hurt and tormentNo one cares'Stop being dramatic''You just want attention'Such statements end with bodiesStrung from ceilingsLike chandeliersGlistening, wet eyes for crystalsYou were too lateThey all wereLightLifting, higher, flying through the brightest colours the human eye can seeA technicoloured rainbow of swirls and spiralThe kind that makes one want to sing and laugh and cryLight, breezy, happyYou get used to itThese are the ones that foughtFought becoming chandeliers and became flowersThe kind that keeps growingBiggerMore beautiful by the dayThe roots grow thicker and the stem grows strongerStrong enough that it cannot be cut downOne can become a flowerBut only if one resistsRefuses to become a chandelier