The Darker Brother

Mon, 06/17/2013 - 15:57 -- bByDOO

92532

“The Darker Brother”: forgotten and unappreciated hero.
He is courage, strength, and commitment.
“The Darker Brother” present in all American wars, but is not credited because he is the “Darker Brother.
5,000 in the Revolutionary War, 179,000 in the Civil War, 350,000 in World War I
My darker brothers in the 9th & 10th Calvary and the 24th and 25th Infantries became known as Buffalo Soldiers
Included in the history books
But they say World War II was the first
But now the story needs to be reversed
The Darker Brother Unsung Hero
He gave his heart and his life for our country
Yet, the recognition is lacking
If we take away skin color
Rule out all of history
Ignore all racial physical features
What are we left with?
A person. A person whose heart beats, whose lungs breathe, and whose eyes blink like yours and mine.
Who decided a person should be viewed differently because of the pigment of their skin?
Not God. Genesis 1:27 clearly states God created human beings in his own image; male and female.
So that means according to society God is a slave, a slave owner, a terrorist, and an illegal immigrant, since we are all made in his image right?
NO! I don’t think so.
So knowing that God doesn’t fall under any of our “racial categories” would you judge him?
Would his worth in society be less valuable?
Then why is it that a black man isn’t acknowledged for the same sacrifices other races have made?
One day I will see accolades for my darker soldiers
But until then I speak on behalf of all of my darker brothers