Daddie Dear Daddie

Dear Daddie,
Have you seen the lights dim and the flowers wilting? Or have you noticed how the tree outside my window bends and the bookshelf has collapsed? 
Of course not, these few things are below your notice; as am I.
Dear Daddie, 
Do you remember when I followed you around when I was little and we lived in a paradise? Or do you remember how excited I was when I finally figured out how to put that old rotatiller for the garden back together the RIGHT way? 
Of course not, you never notice the things about me.
Dear Daddie,
Do you remember me hiding on the couch, covering my head with a pillow, reaching for the phone and begging for a blessed silence so I would hear the gunshot when a beloved creature had to be taken from me? Or how I was sick for a straight week after?
No, of course not, you weren't in the house with me, you were outside waiting for her to take her last breath.
Dear Daddie,
Did you see how I cried or how I suffered when Buddy had to be given away, or how much pain I was in when a friend couldn't keep him and he was sent to his death? Or how even though I now know that he was rescued and given a second chance at life, that to this day the chain link collar around my throat was his?
Of course not, it's only me; it's not worth you looking twice at.
Dear Daddie,
Do you know that I'm still writing? Do you know how my writing style gets darker and darker the longer you hide me from yourself? Or do you know that I've finally decided what I want to do with my life and that it's all because of you?
Of course not, it's nothing to you.
Dear Daddie, 
Do you see my pain, do you see how hard I try or how I fight for just one little bit of apprival from you. do you see your little girl sitting here in tears? Do you see what I've become? Do you see me at all?
No, of course not, I'm nothing.
Dear Daddie,
Do you remember that day two years ago when I was brought home from school early, I ran to my room and didn't come out for two days? Do you remember me hiding? Do you remember me screaming in pain? Did you ever think what made me do that things that I did? Did you ever wonder why I didn't want to live this life anymore? Did you ever stop and thing that instead of being angry and hating me you should have tried being my daddie again? Do you see the blood when my pain becomes too much for me? Do you see my friends and their looks of pain and betrayal at my actions? Do you hear me now as I'm throwing things around my room, tearing the things from my walls and putting them back up again? Do you see the times when I give up and don't want to fight again, and then my derermination to keep fighting through it?...Do you see anything? Do you see me? Do you hear me? Do I even exist to you?
Dear Daddie,
Have you noticed that I'm not around the house? Have you heard me speak a word since I walked out the door? Have you seen me since I said goodbye?
Dear Daddie,
Look at me! Listen to me! For once stop being the selfish, closed-minded, hateful man that you've always been.
Dear Daddie,
Stop sheltering me, stop hating me, stop driving me away before I leave and never come back because that's where I'm going right now.
Dear Daddie, 
Goodbye.