The Community

H mmUs wishing to see a change in our community won't make it happen so why not do something to make dreams a reality be our own benefactor be our own super hero setting a better example or showing what we have learned from those who left one we have plenty of legacies to look after why not make it happen why make history made for our benediction be in vain let's not let the pain the distortion and oppression of the skin our grandparents proudly wore proudly whether white or black they all marched in unison not begging for but demanding change we say better school systems are a must a things like racism ending , a need but what are we doing besides speaking behind closed doors and joking out in the open to make it happen slacking off in class rooms we see communities falling ripping being raptured at seams saying it must be repaired yet hoping it will mend its self teens lives ending in the tragedy we state sorry doesn't cut it when lives are involved but we don't ask ourselves what was done to get there Why reek of a crushed spirit and seeing things that must be fixed When you could so easily be putrid with the stinge of experience of knowing your doing something to make things happen In history classes we sit dozing off on detailed retellings of ultimate courage and strength we doze off on potential answers to our problems year after year hearing stories of Dr. King encouraging People to march with callised feet fighting for what they knew needed difference in this world Long days were put in short nights sacrificed to see adversity replaced with newfound diversity for any situation risking their lives for opportunities to be opened up what are we doing What are we doing is the golden question we as children we as teenagers we as young adults we as adults we as elders all carry on our feet the common struggle wanting the best for the next generation parents wondering what will become of out future elders wondering what happened to the masonry built as our foundation what have we done and us a children as teens trying to figure out what we are doing trying to manage make our way out navigate the melted pot of calamity we live in the insanity we make for ourselves making problems of our own and expecting others to fix them where are we What are we doing When have we ever had a history of sitting on our hands when we saw a need , wrong done Us wishing to see change in our world is only the first step what's counts is what we will do to make it happen