Comedy is Tragedy

I’ve laughed today once I saw the news on the T.V’s display of man’s   sons dying under the pretense of monetary sums.

I’ve laughed today when I heard the leader’s policies cause so much distain, I laughed again when they promised change

I’ve laughed today at the reaction to such “tragic” losses of human life; I’m laughing again in a world overflowing with strife

I’ve laughed today, at the statistics written on the walls, they drip with blood still red and bright in droplets that fall.

I’ll laugh again at the pseudo pleas in their pathetic wails, I laugh again when people fight for material sales.

I’ve laughed today, when a man of god told me that he loved me, I laughed again just as well when he said I’d burn in hell

I’ve laughed, manically at everything the same, I laugh you see not because I’m entertained

I laugh you see for this world made me deranged. We are a joke you and me. Everything we do is funny to me.

I laugh today at a punch line to jokes so cruel and cold, I laugh you see at a future we’ve already sold.