Come Back My Sea Shanty

Wed, 06/11/2014 - 18:35 -- klegere

Locations

78410
78410

There is an explosion and I am propelled forward and I have missed the boat and I sink and I hit the bottom of the sea. An iron monstrosity. The extrinsic. Burnt. Irrelevant. Forgotten. Darkness wraps her fingers around my body, while swollen vegetation taunts my every fear. The fish nibble at me, but are repelled by my subtle revulsion, for they are disgusted by what I am and I do not wish for such sodality. It seems a trivial thing, but I have forgotten my own name. For where do I belong? I do not know. I do not know. I do not care. There was a ship and a crew and I do not remember their names. They sang. Oh, how I long to hear another song and to be polished back to luminosity and to become of life. Bring me back to life sweet shanty. A child swims by and does not notice me. Why should he? For I have honed the skill of deception. Bubbles come from the chute in his mouth and he runs out of air and he touches the surface to fill his body with divine breath. How I long for such an entity to pervade my iron clad body. I hear not a tick or a tock, for time has stopped. There will not be a future and there was no past, there is only now. All other life has surpassed me and I am over encumbered by the weight of my own heart. A diver has been staring at my conquered body and lifts me in his hands and rises. Bubbles surround me, Excitement, hope, life. Above the surface I breathe in such beautiful breath. The first in an eternity. The last in my eternity. I watch the diver and I see the ruined prospects in his eyes and I feel shame for I am the cause of his remorse. Hands slip beneath me. Gravity brings me back to my hellish reality and darkness welcomes me back home. For I am trivial, desolate, burnt, irrelevant. Come back my sea shanty.