Celebration of Life

Let us celebrate - today/At this very moment/Let's celebrate in the deep elder forests/Celebrate amid the stately oaks/The broad-leafed dogwoods and hickories/Let's celebrate from the rolling hills/To the valleys of the Catoctin Mountains/Let our voices ring from mountain summits/To the endless fields of grass/Let our voices ring across the land/As a celebration of our greatest gift/Let us celebrate the very gift of life/The one thing that God gives all his creatures/And what are men to rocks and mountains;/those majestic Catoctin Mountains/The glorious jewels in the treasure chest/That is the beautiful state of Maryland/Let our songs be heard in the cornfields/Let us celebrate on the sides of hills/And in the deep broadleaf forests/Let our voices ring from the doors of houses/Facing the endless fields of green/Let our praises to you be heard/From the mountains to the valleys/To the roaring rivers, swift streams,/and the bubbling brooks/in which the fish make their homes/Let's celebrate Your name/Every one of Your creatures/Let's celebrate Your name today/Let us celebrate the gift of life/Which you have bestowed upon us/Upon all the living creatures/Let us celebrate the gift of life/The most precious gift of all/Let us celebrate our life on Earth/And then in heaven forevermore

JConciatori95

I wrote this poem on a trip from Netcong, New Jersey to Washington, D.C.  Mesmerized by the natural beauty along U.S. Route 15 in Maryland's Catoctin Mountains, I wrote this poem about the scenery and about how all forms of life are blessed by God.