The Cat & the Mouse Set Up House

Once upon a time two whiskered creatures found eachother and their affection

for one another grew stronger each day . They wanted to move in together

and set up house; but get this, they were a cat and a mouse!

So they moved in together and it seemed nothing could go wrong, 

Except-that cat couldn't go without a bite for too long.Crunch-crunch-crunch!

All day while his little mouse was away, he stayed home munching on the little 

of food they had every day. Her suspicions grew, and although she didn't want to 

believe it, the little mouse wasn't going to let him eat all the food when they had hardly any money.

So she set up a trap, coming home early and placing an unopened bag of

pretzels on the counter, and waited to have her suspicions proven right or wrong.

As the cat walked into the kitchen he smelled the salty pretzels and quickly,

bounced on them as he would a small rodent. Once he had torn open the bag with his long

claws and begun to eat the pretzels the little mouse sprang forth from her hiding place,

catching him red-handed. "AHA!" she shouted as she pointed a miniscule finger at him.

"I knew it was you!" She accused him of stealing all the food when he knew very well that they couldn't afford much.

He tried to reason with her but she was so upset that she hardly let him get a word in.

The cat started to get angry because she wouldn't listen to him. Then, in her anger she called him

a greedy, flea-bitten scoundrel who she should never hadve gotten involved with at all.

The cat's anger had finally boiled over and in one quick swiping motion 

the poor little mouse was swept into his mouth and went straight down to his stomach.

Whoops, thought the cat a few seconds later as his anger slowly began to ebb away,

not again... why does this happen everytime I move in with someone? 

Maybe if I didn't choose to live with snack-sized roommates...