"Carousel Ride"

On Mondays I am the blonde sitting at the front of the class who cannot stop pressing my pen top in and out over and over while tapping my foot on my neighbors desk,

On Tuesdays I am the troubled teen with a page full of pencil drawings, an imagination dense and intertwined like tree branches of a rainforest, and a heart rate of 115 beats per minute,

On Fridays I apply my make-up in my car, pull up to school two minutes before class starts, and jog with my rolling suitcase up the stairs,

My memory is dull like my pencil lead but with an eraser that is everlasting,

My mind is a carousel ride, colorful, intriguing, and full of many different animals,

On Saturdays I am inside of your local HEB in the middle of the cereal aisle reading ingredient labels and answering my phone in a panic because it has been on silent all day,

On Sundays I sit Indian style in my closet atop the mountain of unfolded laundry and shoes that have been turned down for the week,

In my spare time I take showers back to back forgetting to wash out the shampoo and conditioner from my hair,

Living with ADHD is comparable to attempting to sleep with multiple smoke alarms attached to a twelve foot celling that have all ran out of batteries at the same time,

Break the stigma.

Poetry Slam: