Cabin Perfection

Mon, 07/20/2015 - 15:51 -- sschake

The morning sun rises bringing with it heat and warmth for me to soak in as the day goes on. I am filled with anticipation as everything around me bursts into life. The birds chirp with eagerness and the grass smells of freshly fallen rain. Delightful scents of cinnamon and chocolate fill the small, adorable cabin. I can hear the crisping of bacon. After finishing the delicious French toast, I hop into my swim suit, grab a towel to warm me up after facing the freezing fun, and sprint towards the beginning of a glorious day at the lake.

The day is full of fun, humor, and smiles that make me want more time here. Before I know it the sun has nearly reached the horizon.

As the sun calmly sets among the tranquil waters the fire from within it emerges for my eyes to appreciate. It fills the darkening sky with radiant colors: burning oranges, brilliant yellows, blooming violets, and beautiful pinks. The surface of the water reflects it all making everything twice as extraordinary. The water remains motionless as time floats away with the light of day. I want to stay forever, until the gorgeous colors turn to gray and blackness overcomes the surroundings. The rainbow of light ignites a fire in my heart and a need for time to slow down and smell the roses just as I wish I could do.