Bullied

I break down alone, no one to help me. I need to be saved. Someone please save me. My life is on the line. I don’t know what to do. I cut my wrists with a jagged piece of glass. It’s the only way to escape. Soon I’m lying on my bedroom floor. A puddle of blood forms beneath me. It’s getting hard to breathe, I’m seeing stars. I call for help, but nothing comes out. My throat is parched. My chest feels clogged. My vision is blurry. I can tell I won’t have much time left. I take the glass, and into my left arm I carve the words, “I am the victim”, on my other arm, “No one can save me now.” I’m breathing harder now. Soon I realize that I locked my bedroom door. And I tell myself that’s why no one has come yet. But in my heart, I know the truth. I have no one there for me. I’m not loved. No one cares for me. My “friends” have all abandoned me. My family left a long time ago. My heads pounding. Like there’s a marching band inside, just with drums. I fall asleep thinking that it will all get better. That eventually someone will come for me. I just hope it’s not too late. I die that same night.

This is the result of bullying. This is what happens when teasing turns into something more. This is what happens when someone stands by, and ignores everything that’s happening around them.