Become your Inner You

Are you my mom? Is the question I asked to the lady standing in front of me. She replied with the answer “ NO” which started it all.

I was 10 years old standing in the doorway at my cousin Shell house. All the kids were playing outside when I chose to walk in the house. Before I walked in, I overheard some grown-up talking about me. What they had been saying would start a whole new chapter in my life. The parents were saying that the lady I call mom wasn’t my mother.

As I got older I got comfortable with knowing that I was adopted by a family member. Instead of being mad I saw that I was in a better place. She had been taking great care of me and I appreciated it.

Many of my sibling started to dislike me because of the opportunities I were given. They always told me that I didn’t deserve the life I had and should’ve been like them. My sisters and brothers didn’t live a normal life like me. Sometimes I would think they were right, but it wasn’t my fault. I often ask the question “Why was I the only child taken away?” or “What makes me so special?”

As I continued to get older, that part of me went away. I was in a great school and making good grades. I wanted to be successful and made it my plan to be. I had to get it in my head that it doesn’t matter where you come from for you to want better and do better in life.

Later, during the school year, I visited some of my sisters and little by little negative energy started to come back. This time I didn’t give into the drama. I started to dance, so I could have a chance to free the negativity from my mind. I was a great dancer and even made it on the hit tv show BRING IT. Somehow they still found the bad in me!

On my 16th birthday I had a huge sweet 16 birthday party and they thought it should have been for them. Next, that summer I went on many trips and they encouraged me not to go. I could even ask them to go to parties with me and they wouldn’t want to hang out with me. It really started to hurt my feelings a lot.

I had learned to tell myself that their opinion didn’t mean anything and I would be the best that I could be. No matter what life throws at us, anyone and anybody can  achieve their biggest problems.

Life is all about building and making yourself a better you!

There will always be people in life that’s going to down you regardless of great you are doing. You really have to stay positive and move on with your life. It’s not possible to please everyone.

All because I didn’t listen to those who doubted me; I am the captain of my dance team “The Prancing Tigerettes” I didn’t stay down and fall into failure. I kept my grades up and soon to be the first to graduate out of any of my brothers and sisters. I beat the odd and will be something in life unlike them, who sit at home and have babies or in jail.

If a similar situation of being put down was to come up, I believe it not affect me life it did at the beginning of my life. I have really grown to do what I believe is right for me. No one can make me not want to succeed in life. I will go to college and get a degree. I am sure I am going to have a career. My belief and faith is stronger than you can imagine. I will be the best and the world should get ready. HERE I COME!