#BecauseILoveYou

When did because I love you go from a phrase of endearment to a justification for abuse? When did relationships turn into obligations? I’ll tell you when. It happened when love and trust went out the door and came back as dishonesty and spite. Stop posting statuses about your partner on social media because they didn’t text you back fast enough. Stop accusing your partner of cheating because of your insecurities. Stop asking your partner for their passwords because of your assumptions. Stop putting your hands on your partner because they made a joke you didn’t like. These things that we perceive as normal or “cute,” are forms of abuse. Healthy relationships radiate unconditional love and complete loyalty. Healthy relationships mean compromise and compassion, a balance between both of yours lives and the circumstances. Healthy and happy, safe and comforted. Because I love you should be nothing but a phrase of endearment and just that.