Because You Love Me

Because I loved him, I cried

and because he screamed and never loved me, he loved her

and so did I

because I couldn't stand the thought of breathing without him, I chose to love her too.  I chose to see what he saw and I chose to fall in love with it indecisively-a reason he didn't love me.

but soon, because I loved myself, I'd leave his and her heart behind and I'd begin to love mine.  and soon, I'd fall in love again with God and his son, realizing I couldn't find a purpose in a man.  It simply does not exist there.

But now, because you love me, I sit comfortably with your face close to mine. and because you love me, your hands are soft and your voice is quiet.  because you love me, you sat with me while I was locked in a cage dipped in salt water and you tried to dig me out of the hole I fell into. Then, you waited.  And you cheered as the angel filled the trap I built for me, you handed the angel the flower that is now planted there.  Because you really love me, I never needed convincing.  

A toxic relationship doesn't hide - it is constantly screaming at you.  Don't pretend to be content, you'll lose.