Be aware

John 21:16-17 New English Translation

16 Jesus said a second time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” He replied, “Yes, Lord, you know I love you.” Jesus told him, “Shepherd my sheep.” 17 Jesus said a third time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Peter was distressed that Jesus asked him a third time, “Do you love me?” and said, “Lord, you know everything. You know that I love you.” Jesus replied, “Feed my sheep.

The flock.                   Oh, church! Did you choose your flock,or is it entrusted and given in love to you?Is it yours to nurture and place on the Rock         for when sheep panic, they freeze and go aloof.            They tremble, shake, and huddle together,hopeless and helpless without any defense.The church and shepherd are their total protector,but what if their eyes do not notice the fence? Keeping the flock and not mending the fencesand expanding the community without fixing the holes?Where many slip through because of our dense-nessto disappear into the world to be seen no more. We did the best, the best we could?Is not our best like filthy rags inside?Is not Christ through me well understoodWho wants to perform all things right? For  His own flock, the first thing He doesHe settles it down and gives it attention.Removes its fears with a loving touchand then mends all the fences. He fills the gaps where His sheep wander offto be lost in the hills and the valleys.He teaches His sheep to be careful ofthe temptations and dangers of darkness. Jesus will stop to search for a lost onewho wandered away from His flock.He knows it by name and calls it tenderrealizing the heart that it may be in shock. He does not replace the one that is lostwho is of His own and ever will be.He adds to His flock and expands it in lovethen gives to His Church to nurture and keep. When God provides a gift, a soul in a vessel,a soul that searches for peace out of the blue.Is it up to the meekest without any hassleto use His talent to love and raise it in truth? New sheep are coming replacing the lost onesand as they come in, they look so good.In a matter of time, will they be the gone onesas they wandered through holes searching for food. To whom much is given, much is requiredas God fills us, He expects our careinto all for all, even the most minor matterto be like Christ through constant prayer. In the Christian church, we have no choices.We have to be exactly like Christ.Nothing less should raise our voicesthrough The Spirit, for that is our plight. So before we grow in simple numbers.Let us grow tenderly in God's will.Before satan makes us slumber in satisfaction empowered by own will. There are wolves dressed in sheep's clothingOnly the natural spiritual eyes can seeSo before we judge, I am proposingto not quench The Spirit and let Him rule-free. Afterthought: Reading now a few days hencea sheep that oft in dis-obedience strays,may wind up with a broken leg to mendas Christ protects His own, The only Way. Jan Wienen 

Isaiah 62:6 New English Translation

6 I post watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem;

they should keep praying all day and all night.

You who pray to the Lord, don’t be silent!