The Affliction of Love V.s The Bitter Aftertaste That Stains

The apple of my chest, yet love makes it sweet.

I believe I have some regrets, but the highness hasn’t yet left.

See there’s an ocean of blue when I’m deep within side your eyes,

like the mystery that dances in your thighs.

You’re my mountain beneath the skies, as

I glace at your neck and the blood rushes to my chest.

Please prep me for cardiac arrest, because I’m drowning

from your absence that inadequate my happiness.

I can’t believe this torment coexist with pieces of love that equals to dust,

If so then why didn’t I choose for the best; I guess I failed life’s greatest test.

My desire lingers from the fire, yet never leaves to far from its existence;

but I’m pretty sure if you blinked,

the smoke will ignite my feelings beneath your kin.

I’m like the Earth with no purpose,

but when your perfume enters the room;

my life skips a beat just to hear you speak.

If it wasn’t said, then I’ll say it now; I thought of you to be my soul mate,

yet love couldn’t be such a dissecting allusion.

It appears that your corkiness was brief, yet my mind can’t seem to rest.

I wished that we never had met, but then again that would be a lie;

how could I say thanks for the love and forget the hurt that was left in the sky?

Your needles digging deep within side my skin,

what was that (a dagger), something I recall from your sins?

The issues that didn’t have any similarity to our tissues,

how dare you call this just fun;

I saw those eyes looking at me like I was the moon circling your sun.

How does a heart once filled of love,

turn dark as coal or was this just a figure of speech;

I beg to differ that I was a witness to your heart’s confessions?

I guess Eve wasn’t as beautiful as she seemed,

the trickery that lead to her victory;

how could she call this happiness upon

deception, if we walked in as two and left as one.

Maybe cause there was a child conceived from my absence and it wasn’t mine.

Yet you figure this was a figure of speech,

you left me to grieve as I looked over my sleeve to see;

what my eyes couldn’t believe, was this a sick dream.

You never told me you had twins and one was mine,

just with two different colored eyes and one thumb

How could there be ten finger prints, if my son only has nine;

maybe a gesture to some, but I have to figure out this crime.

daWriter

You write with such passion and unafraid. I feel like I could read this piece a hundred times and every time find something new to love. Fantastic. Truly fantastic. You are an artist. I believe every human who has truly felt has felt this inescapable discomfort. Love and hate at the same time. Passon. You have captured it.

Mafi Grey

Thank you, I really appreciate the fact that you understood my work. See I had never did a poem based off the true feelings of deception and it's perfumes of love and hate. I was going through a complicated relationship at that point in time and felt that everything was great, but wasn't for the significant other; well I guess cause I never got a real answer. Anyway it ended bad and I felt that no one should have to go through the withdraws of love and it's effecting after taste of pain afterwards. So I did this piece about how love was so good and yet take a unexpected turn for the worst.

savigirl14

Wow love is just like this...it's love and hate happy and sad simple and difficult et cetera....I love this poem

savigirl14

Mafi Grey

Thank you once again and this poem right here turned out to be really good too. I was scrolling through my poems and didn't really see one of these topic among them and at the time I was feeling that way of a bad relationship type thing. So I wrote this, what was really on my mind. Sometimes girls say that their looking for a good man, but have one and fuck him over. So I'm guessing the guy was also looking for a classy girl and she clearly wasn't it.  Like don't complain about whating something but not at the exact moment. So later on life they finally want that so called good man, but can't find him. See men know what they want, so while that girl who screwed him over is partying and having fun or whatever; he finds that classy girl. So by the time they're ready to get a good man, there all taking. So females if you got a good man now, don't let him good. 

Soulae

You are just an amazing poet. Never stop writing. You definitely challenge me to write more descriptively, so that says something about you. Your a great writer. I appreciate your work. Keep putting out great work

Mafi Grey

Thank you for the words your shared with me with your poems and thanks for the comment. I appreciate it and I'll keep writing as long as I have the time. I got about 15 poems on hold but hopefully I can get them done soon. Keep writing too.

Grant-Grey Porter Hawk Guda

Powerful expression. Always let poetry fill your life. Keep expressing your heart.