Yet You Do, Yet I Do

I don't love you because I need you, I need you because I love you. You don't have to listen, but you do. You don't have to hold me, yet you do.  And I don't have much to give, but I'll give you my gratitude, for you found me and you comforted me, in my silent solitude. You came like a thief in the night, and you stole my heart, but you didn't break or bruise it, you held it tenderly from the start.  I don't need you to be my savior, even though you make me braver. And I don't need you to shelter me in the raging storm, even though your love keeps me warm.   Never forget, my dear, whether you're feeling high or low, I'll always be there to return your kindness,  because love is a joint effort, you know, neither an obligation nor selfish blindness.  You don't need me to shelter you in the raging storm, but I'll be there with my love to keep you warm. And you don't need me to be your savior, I want to make you braver. From the start, I held your heart tenderly, careful not to break or bruise it,  Even though I came like a thief in the night and stole it. I found you and I comforted you, and you confided in me in your silent solitude,  You might not have much to give, but all I want is your gratitude. I may not have to hold you, yet I want to. I may not have to listen, but I want to.  Do you need me because you love me, or do love me because you need me?