Why? But How to change?

Tue, 02/06/2018 - 21:49 -- YusraA

Dear U.S residents,

Why?

Why hate when you can love?

Why scream when you can sing?

We ran from the bombs, the guns, the screams,our home, our family, and ourselves to be free. We feared them but now you fear us?

Chased out of our own homes, ignored by our friends and family for being “free”

You profit off our weakness, our pain, but turn a blind eye once we ask for help.

Why?

Why are you so ignorant of the fact that every 40 seconds a part of our future is dies?

Why are we allowing ourselves to suffocate by the very same air we have made?

Why am I the most wanted on the news?

What crime did I commit to have my simple human rights striped away? Basing who we are with someone who we never knew. Simply going to pray at the Masjid makes me a terrorist?

Didn’t Martin Luther King say he had a dream that people wouldn’t judge one another? We should not only not judge one another but accept one another, I am who I am, and you are who you are.

Shining the camera and lights to the criminals and falsehood

hardly showing the people who give and effortlessly put a smile on someone's face.

Time progressed; we have touch screen phones, any information can be accessed at our fingertips but every corner we turn, ignorance stands by shining like a star.

When you commit a crime only then will you get your spotlight.

We are so consumed by the negativity and ignorance that we fear each other. Fear use to save us, keeps us alive, and protected us from pain and the unknown, but now it's killing us one by one. Aren’t you aware that your fear isn’t only hurting the people around you but your physical and mental wellbeing?

A human being: relating to or characteristic of people. A human being: Her, Him, Me, You, Us

We all have our opinions, so how can you expect one or even 10 different people’s answer to also be mine?

Stop, stop, stop.

I am pretty sure you all know although its 2018 racism still exists, women still don’t have equal pay,  there is visible evidence of that our atmosphere chokes due to overexposure of CO2

But still our leaders refuse to see the consequences of our own creations, and we can no longer trust what the media has to say

It fills our heads with complete utter nonsense

but who really knows what the solution is?

Most of us lost hope in a solution, but not I.

As Mahatma Gandhi once said, “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.”

Instead of working against each other let's work together to better understand the world around us. It's one thing to say we have an issue but it's another thing to take action on that issue. Less talking more acting. Lets not wait for our leaders to look for a solution let's be the solution.

Love,

Yusura Ali