What I Am

I am what I am. I am the climber who digs in when the slopes get steep. I am the guide who chooses this rough course. I am the hot sun beating down upon the mountainside. I am the sweat, the soreness of muscles, the fire in my own lungs. I am ever searching for the summit. 

I am what I am. I am the fish who swims against the stream. I am the frigid water forcing it backward. I am the swish of the tail, battling the pressure. I am not afraid.

I am what I am. I am the kid who lives in the classroom. I am honors and AP courses, hours of home assignments, pages of textbooks. I am the friend who needs to relax and live a little. I am the friend who doesn’t. I am the study warrior, hard at work past midnight. I am The Genius because of this. I am not a genius. I am not content with mislabeling.

I am what I am. I am my own greatest strength. I am my will. I am my mind.