Waterfall of Words

Because I love you, I noticed that there was only enough medicine in the cabinet for one of us, and I left it for you

Because I love you, I gave you the bigger half of my favorite chocolate chip cookie

Because I love you, I picture myself walking down the isle and I see you standing there waiting for me

Because I love you, my veins are flooded with adrenaline and I can hardly sleep because you make me happy enough to know that I have a future even if everything else fails

Because I love you, a waterfall of words cascades from my mouth when someone asks me what I love about you

Because I love you, the constellation of freckles on your face makes my heart love your universe

Because we love each other, we know that despite the cries from our elder generation that say we are just young, dumb, and in love, we know they aer wrong 

Because we love each other, a waterfall pours out of your mouth when they ask about me too