Was It All for Nothing?

Locations

60202
60202

I'm not just scared for me, I'm scared for my brother and my nephews. I'm scared that this world we live in will never give them the chance to reach their potential because they are black men in America. A country where a black man's only potential is to be a criminal gunned down or thrown in jail. 50 years later and we're still fighting for the right to be seen as human beings. Where is the humanity? Were the works of Martin Luther King Jr, Malcolm X, and those who marched and boycotted for us to be treated equally all for nothing? Why does it seem that years later we are taking three steps back after their great leap? Because no matter how many stands we take or how loudly and persistently we voice the injustices we face in every day society, nothing will change as long as the oppressive are the ones with all the authority. So ask that all my brown brothers and sisters careful in the "land of the free", be brave, strive for greatness in yourself and others so that one day we as a people can change our circumstances permanently.