Undocumented (What is your name?)

Dear Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency:

¿Cuál es tu nombre?My name is undocumented I jump borders and sell drugsAnd surround myself with thugsThe color of my skinDetermines what's within"You're Hispanic?! You're so pale!"So, if I was darker, would I be for sale? We came to contribute, we came to reformWhen we got here, we saw that we were misinformed Free to work, not free to stayWe don't complain when we get lesser pay Ma aismakTerrorism, bombing, captured, murdererISIS, September 11th, American torturerThese are things related to meWhen all I wanted to be was freeI am highly educated, I study hardWhen I go out, you hear "Allah Akbar"I am criticized in every way, you judge what I wearWhen I wear my hijab, you ask "is it hot in there?"  We came to contribute, we came to reform When we got here, we saw that we were misinformed First amendment compromisedEverywhere we go we are despised  Everyday we are pushed and shoved For being in a country that we love

annelieseabreu

This is my first poem I post, I don’t know if the format came out okay! Please comment your opinion!