Soul Searching

Tue, 10/24/2017 - 23:46 -- leosalo

I know when you’re upset just by the small changes in your facial features

My smile widens because you’re laughing hysterically at a terrible joke I made

When you have nights when you can’t get any rest and I stay up texting you

When you get injured I help apply the ointment to the burn, the band aid to the cut, and the kisses to your scars

When you need silence I sit or lay down next to you as quietly as you need

When a tear runs down your cheek, I’ve got matching tracks running down my cheeks, and open arms

We’ve got matching places in our hearts for each other

We know what exactly what to do to comfort each other

I know what your favorite color is

I know that you love roses and gem stones

I know that you are my soulmate

You bring out the best in me, I bring out the best in you

I know that we can spend time apart

And it would be like we never separated

I know all this and more,

Because I love you

leosalo

I wrote this with my sister and an former girlfriend, who at the time we were together was very toxic towards me but as we became more comfortable with being just friends our relationship became more healthy and happy. My sister is certifiably my soulmate, being two years older than her all of our childhood memories are spent together. I can read her like a book and she can do the same for me. I know that I love her because she's almost like the better half of me, I know that this may sound cliche but the last four lines are about her. We cn be jerks to each other sometimes but we always realize our mistakes and apologize. To me being able to understand one another and learn when we've gone to far, to sincerly apologize, how to move forward after realizing your mistakes is to love someone.