The Shadow Tale

Sun, 05/18/2014 - 16:17 -- ZoraFTW

This tale is unknown, only what is told. This is the tale of the Shadow world. It is a place unmarked, you’ll insist it’s unreal. It exists only in the mind of a sad, sad girl. Her thoughts disturbed, forgotten with words. Who she was, gone at last. Who she is, strangled by the past. The moment she tries to share this tragic nightmare it is nothing but a daze. When her eyes shut the haze fades and the shadows emerge. She tries to purge the pain inside, but nothing occurs. She’s dying with nowhere to hide. She tries to escape, begin a new tale. She inhales and exhales, slow then fast. She hopes for the best and takes a rest. For awhile alone, no shadows insight, but then came a storm so frightful and bright. She ran for awhile, then slowly gave up. The fight is endless, she began to worry. What if this was her final journey? Death she didn’t fear. It was a fairytale so she hoped. To her it meant freedom from the shadows so close. They creep and they feed, they never truly leave. Her mind slowly dying and her heart growing cold. She was told of clarity and finding internal peace. Yet all she sees is a puzzle untold. The shadows coming closer. Evolving so quick. She sighed and cried. She fought back and screamed, but finally they won. Taking her one final gasp. This girl is no more. She appears something new, something so untrue. She opens her eyes, she smiles, she laughs, but if you look deep inside her frozen, dead eyes, you’ll see no girl. Instead a shadow tale. She was too far gone, she couldn’t be saved. Her thoughts drove her mad when the shadows came out to play. She gave a good fight, but on one unfaithful night she took her last breath and the Devil was her death. Her heart still beats, but her soul you’ll never meet. She now has a sound mind. It’s apart from human kind. They took control, they made her a black hole. Please know this story is true. A world consumed by hate slowly was her fate.

This is the Shadow Tale.