Purgatory

Wed, 08/23/2017 - 22:55 -- A16145

Frost invites my fingertips; it beckons my graspEach flake kisses my lids, and paints my lashes to frostMy palms are graced by the snow, a bliss without costI lift my lids, while each step is answered by the snow’s raspEach eye of ebon sueded is glossed by my tearTrapped in a placid face of ghast to evoke fear I gaze out the shell that keeps me prisoner, only to see a damning horizonEach shade of green and blue dances in harmony as emerald meets sapphireAtop a mountain my eyes of coal contrast the snow’s slowed sinkingSun has set, and I enjoy the warmest delight of nightAs dead black branches stab and shred my peace, swiftly slitting its neckAnd they obscure my eyes of life with corkscrew fleck The fabric of the sky tears as a wedding dressAs my eyes of ebon shade absorb the light as alwaysBut now, my tears gloss darkness into the birth of clear blue While creaks of cracking wood are all I can hear, they will ring forever in my earWith each crystal chill came a tear, which has untimely colored me clear