A Promise Letter to Her

05045

First of all, I've never had such a hard time figuring out what words to jumble together until now. I've thought of ways to write this letter to you for over a year now. Hoping, and praying that it would actually get typed. And here it is.        When we first met, we had our love buckled for each other and trapped in our knees. Who knew crying over the phone until 12pm on school nights, meeting in the bathrooms for mental break downs, or even having our hearts broken would have lead us to each other. I would have never known that my hurricane would have created such a tantalizing outcome, and I regret not trusting God when the rain just pounded at my chest, because he knew what was coming all along- you. And I cannot thank him enough for putting me through that storm, because it was worth it.    I have written line after line trying to pry the words out to describe how much I love you, but I just cant get the words to fall on the paper, although it's okay. The thought of you has left me speechless more than once, and I am sure this will not be the last. All I can say is that I love you. And it is as simple as that.I fell in love with a girl who taught me that my stretch marks look like mountains, and that I'm wrapped in beauty. I fell in love with a girl who taught me that it's okay to be a walking hurricane because hurricanes are one of the strongest storms, and that I'm clothed in strength.You taught me how to fall in love with myself. You taught me that you fell in love with a fighter, a warrior.                            And I promise that I will use all my strength to fight for us to have forever.Because I love you.