Pardon Me

Locations

10028
10028

Pardon Me

Pardon me if I become a little apprehensive when you ask me what I am about.

Would you really like to hear my short, meaningless story of interests and hobbies or was this question just used to pass the time?

Pardon me if I become a little skeptical about your intentions. Friend or lover, I will not cease to keep this brick wall up because I have had to rebuild this wall too many times before and frankly I am tired.

Tired of tearing down this wall, unlatching the doors behind it, and pulling the curtain to the side just to find you holding my emotions in one hand and your ridged dagger in the other.

Tired of rebuilding this wall time and time again in fear of being vulnerable once more.

Must I be blamed for not enjoying the heartwrenching feeling of a breaking heart, or the disappointment in a loved one.

So Pardon me if i become a little apprehensive when you ask me what I am about.

My short, meaningless story will no longer be heard by anyone, and I will tell the story to myself again and again as I will not be a disappointment to myself as I know you will be to me.

-Tisa