Letter to a suicidal me

Thu, 02/15/2018 - 23:02 -- nosbun

Dear Girl, You sit on the floor and you cry Clawing and scratching at your skin like an animal deep within you is trying to escape  Marks that will never truly heal  You pull at your hair and you scream into the darkness But no one can hear you  You are broken And you have given up. The girl who once laughed in the face of pain The girl who stood up strong in the presence of ridicule The girl who held her head up high no matter what tried to beat her down is dead.  And in her place is nothing Nothing but tears, skin, and scars. You have taken all you can bare Your back breaking under the weight of everyone's words Your spine bending and contorting trying to support itself when everything is slamming you down and finally... You snap.  You turn off all the lights and watch you demons dance They waltz over the body of the person you once were They speak to you in hushed tones In voices that pierce into your vary soul They tell you to give up  They tell you to end it   But you are not your demons Their voice is not your own Their thoughts do not control you  And their dance does not define you You are strong because you get up every day and face your demons You are capable because you not only face them but you overcome them  Each and every morning like a phoenix you arise from the ashes of the day before And dear girl as you sit on the cold bathroom floor must remember  Your body is not a cage and you are not an animal trapped within  Your life is not expendable and you are worth it   You will be okay Maybe not today But someday  You will be okay