It Doesn't End There

Thu, 12/19/2013 - 14:32 -- Kiomay

No.

It doesn't end there. In fact, it's actually just begun. You hear that voice, you make that sound, and you know it's coming. Your mind goes blank, you think you've gone mad. Your voice gets just a little louder, your hands a little stifer. You feel sweat begin to form on the palms of your hands. Your skin is hot. Your mind tells your heart just exactly what you should do but your heart races to do what you don't want to do, and you do it anyways. 

It doesn't end there.

You're able to capture that little voice inside your head that's been telling you what's right and what's not. You've actually begun to listen to it too.

It doesn't end there.

And in a matter of days, all that you have worked so hard for just seems to fade away.

It doesn't end there.

Those little voices in your head are saying something else. You do what your heart says and you do what your brain doesnt. You do what you do without rhym or with reason. You make a decision and soon find yourself lost in all of the deception. What did you do? Where did it go wrong? How come, it's all gone? You think you have it straight, you think you have it right, but what you fail to realize is . . . 

It doesn't e-

Poetry Slam: