I sit there, I sit here

i sit there quiet as a mouse watching you scream back and forth. i sit there wanting you to stop wanting to say something to make it end. i sit there my stomach in my throat confused at why you are yelling. i sit there looking at you both wondering what will result in all of this. i sit there in pain and horror knowing theres nothing i can do or say. i sit there doubtful and fearful listening to a rude comment followed by an evil remark. i sit there my heart almost pounding through my chest realizing you both are making it all worse. i sit there as she says something i know she'll regret holding in all my emotions i start to feel panic. i sit there wanting to just get up and leave but then i realize you've beat me to that point. you jump up in fury scatter out of sight then storm out the door. me, im still sitting there. i sit there wanting to say please dont go but i keep quiet not saying a peep. you slam the door shut and i stand, i'm no longer sitting there. i walk calmly to my room acting as if nothing is wrong. when i get there i close the door, my eyes begin forming a river. confused on what to do i pick up a piece of paper a pencil and the phone. i call you asking where you're going you say to get away before things get worse and hang up. Now i sit here, thinking and wondering if i could have done something anything and stopped this from happening.