Before I Could

Sat, 02/18/2017 - 10:41 -- Sara491

Before I could say that I loved you I asked you to tell me what you see when you look in the mirror, you said you saw your reflection but what I see when I look in the mirror is not my reflection but your eyes, your dry lips, your bushy brows, your long lashes and the scar on your left cheek

Before I could say that I love you I asked you to tell me what you like about me you said you liked the way I walked as if someone was chasing me you said you liked the melody of my heart because it rhymed with the rhythm of your fingertips as they drummed against your thigh you said you liked how I suck the negativity out of your cold hands and warm it with my smile

Before I could say that I love you I asked you if you would run away with me before the sun came out before the truth came out before the person I've been running away from catches me

before I could say that I loved you I wondered if you would still love me when my heart beat no longer matches your drumming, when my smile no longer warms, I wondered if u knew that my hands were the cold ones, I wondered if you would still love me if the person I've been running away from is actually what I've been hiding from you

But when I said that I loved you, you turned out to be another "I'm not good enough for you guy", you turned out to be everything I hoped you wouldn't be

Before I could say that I loved you, I wondered if u knew that I did and I wondered if you were certain that you do.

Corrie Pearson

I really like your peom, thanks for sharing!