I Am

It's not my fault I'm from America, but I am.

It's not my fault I'm Guatemalan, but I am.

It's not my fault I come from a family of immigrants who wanted a better life, but I am.

It's not my fault I'm from a country that promotes freedom and takes it away from people who have never known or even tasted freedom in their life, but I am.

It's not my fault I'm from a country that is barely realizing that love has no limit, but I am.

It's not my fault that I'm from a country that thinks material things have more value than the life of an animal, but I am.

It's not my fault that I'm from a country that is blind in seeing that we are all one, but I am.

It's not my fault that I'm from a country that doesn't accept everyone and at the same time teaches the values of being accepting and non-judgemental, but I am.

It's not my fault that I'm from a country that contradicts itself all the time, but I am.

It's not my fault that I'm from a country that chooses to ignore its past, present, and future, but I am.

It's not my fault that I'm from a country that needs improvement and has a long way to go, but I am.

It truly is not my fault, but someone has to take responsibility, right?

I am. 

adalhiale

(-: