Hunger

Sat, 02/01/2014 - 13:13 -- jenncay

Trash. On the floor, on the ground on benches, tables, all around. I see half eaten lunches in the trash, I see unopen fruit littering the tables of our school. The lunch time bell rang, now it's class time, but what happens to that food? Discarded on the floor, for the janitors to pick up. When someone right down the street, across the way, is looking at the food hungrily and praying. Praying that the unopen orange that was carelessly thrown onto the floor could enter his famine mouth. Children and teens are so careless of what they do with food, when a whole country is starving for the same thing too. How can we teach our kids these horirble habits, when so many are dying from this disease? From the one thing that can keep them going? Why are we turning away from the homeless down the street, thinkking they want drugs, but maybe all they wanted was to get a bite to eat. Why don't we put good trust and faith into our people anymore, to try and show them, that we are here and there is no war. Let's meditate together and pray, because you can have my unopen orange, my half eaten sandwich and a big hug from me.  Lets start looking at our agency and following its call to do the right thing, because letting a person starve to death is not. Feeding and nourishing one another is key, for a better you and me.