Humans against humanity

Fri, 12/29/2017 - 20:05 -- The Law

What is the world's greatest issue?

Is it racism or sexism?

Is it lack of education or overpopulation?

Is it abuse whether it be domestic, animal, child or even drug? 

Isn't it time that we give the world a hug ?

For it has seen all the despicable actions of mankind

Because they're so clearly outlined.

For there is wealth without work 

and war without reason.

Politicians without morals 

and lovers without love.

Extinction and pollution 

and humans with no solution.

For it sees humans but no humanity.

Please explain to me why the KKK still exists or how Nazis still run amidst.

Please explain to me how gun control is taken less seriously than birth control. 

Please explain to me how the news nowadays is more entertaining rather than educating. Please someone explain to me how a Skype call became a business meeting or a tweet a political statement. 

Please explain to me how I cannot differentiate some peoples opinion from hate speech.Please explain to me how the world doesn't see that the face of terrorism isn't a brown man with faith but a white man with hate.  

Please explain to me how people feel no shame in knowing that their clothes were made by some poor child in an even poorer country. Please explain to me how some people think that fertilized eggs are children but refugee kids aren't. Please someone explain to me how white people against immigration is not the most ironic thing you have ever heard.

Explain to me how there are human rights when there's nothing right about humans. 

People tell me to calm down or that I'm overreacting but all these global issues are just so impacting. 

How can I remain calm when every 3.6 seconds a child starves to death, when half of the world's population live on $2.50 a day, when we live in denial that global warming exists but in reality over 90% of global warming has been caused by us.

The earth has been around for 4.6 billion years and humans have been on it for a mere 6 million of these years. On a 24 hour scale, humans have destroyed the earth in 30 seconds flat. To answer my original question, the world's greatest issue is mankind.