With Hoisted Flag

Who the heck are you to tell me I’m wrong? How can you be so sure that the song I sing is out of tune? So you know, as sure as the moon is to rise each night, I will keep singing. And my voice will fly alongside my freak flag that will be denied nothing but my best and brightest colors. Colors that make the rainbow look bleak. Colors that Crayola has no name for. How can you tell me that Jesus is my savior when so far the only one who can save me is myself? When I am drowning in the clouded waters of my judgment how can you tell me to confess my sins to God when who I need is to be honest with is me? How can you know that waiting is worth it when you’re not done waiting yet? Because let me tell you – I am so glad that I didn’t wait. Let me tell you that he gave me so much more than he took. And even today the flames that burned within our yearning hearts left embers that keep me warm when I am afraid. By the way, maybe you think that love can only be treasured with a man and a woman together, but I know better. And even so, I won’t project my truths on to you, because you probably think you know better too.