Foreign Love (Spoken Word)

Thu, 10/23/2014 - 12:50 -- Qualema

Remember when you used to say that you wanted to kiss my lips. That's all you would speak of. You said that you wanted to bite them through the computer screen. There was so much distance between us, that you weren't granted that wish.  You wanted to see me in person, fly me to your country to visit you and start a family. I wanted those things too, but in my heart, I knew it would never happen. You were the dream I've always dreamed, but you became my 

nightmare when I realized I couldn't be with you. I wasn't ready to drop my whole life to move to a place so far away with a different language, culture and weather. I would have crossed the seas for you and parted them to see you from the distance. Your love was addicting to me. I was moved by your words and swayed by your love. You were my first cyber love and it ended badly, but I do not regret how it started. You said hi and I said hello. I translated my English just to be equal with you. I was American and he was Dominican he was my lover and my friend, we went our separate ways and never spoke again. I still visit his page once in a while just to see his smile and new style and new love in his life,or love of his life. It hurts to know that it could've been me. I fell in love and I don't regret a thing. I loved and I lost, but I have gained more. There's an overwhelming appreciation of life's worthy lessons and promise of a new, greater love.