Fake Smile

All it takes is a beautiful Fake smile to hide an injured soul and they will never notice how broken you really are.

-Robin Williams

There was a girl in the corner that just turned 13. Ever since she was little it was always her dream, To marry a man that will treat just right. With loving best friends for the rest of her life. As she’s growing up her popularity suddenly turns So she twisted her life just to fit into the world. Now her biggest fear is to be alone or rejected. She’ll try anything to get love and attention. Now she posts photos on insta hoping people think she’s pretty. Slowly turning she’s not. And all the love that she grew nobody appreciated. And all the dreams she once held just haven't come true. If you ask her how she is, She’ll say that she’s fine. She disguises it well but she’s dying inside. She tried talking to people to get a fresh start. Anything to fill in that big hole in her heart… Now she sleeps around hoping love will be found but her heart lies empty from the sorrows she’s drowned . Cause deep down she know she’s not bold she's not bold. So she put on a fake smile while she bleeds  onto the world. On the outside she’ll build so Her life would seem fill. But on the inside she’s never complete. Though she tries not to show it, in her heart she’s all broken. But she doesn’t admit it. They that say its what in the inside that counts. She’ll put on a brave face but in the inside she doubts. She’s scared of the world she dont know what's waiting. She’s longing for something but doesn’t know what she’s facing. She faces the same thing that burden and break her. She looks at others for some feeling of status. She want people to view her, to follow, and like, To favor her looks and subscribe to her life. She treats retweets like morphine to cover the hurt of her friendless existence when her phone doesn’t work. She’s Grasping at glory and craving acclaim its the fuel in her tank its the drug in her veins. And as soon as its her heart hits the floor and she runs to self pity till’ her ego finds more. She keeps searching around just to find the right pill when she’s feeling down, And she tries her best but she fails her own test. She pretends that she's swimming while she drowns. Because deep down she knows she’s not bold. She puts on a fake smile while she bleeds onto the world. On the outside she’ll build so her life would seem fill but in the inside she’s never complete. So what is the answer ? what is the cure? What is the solution to being so insecure? Can drugs, happiness, and money fulfill  all your dreams, or a 7-step process restore self esteem? Well if she’s all here by chance and there’s no higher power, then she’ll live life to the fullest or waste every hour. If it make her feel good, she’ll do all the more. And she’ll find satisfaction in what she adores. Just eat, drink, sleep, party, then die, cause what does it matter what she does to feel high. If she’ll only live once let her do what she choose. And she’s here by chance so she can’t really lose. But the problem with that it's our ignorant lies. It's like trying to fill a bucket right up to the top, while its leaking out more than you ever could stop. Whatever the world can produce as the answer, just eats her away like emotional cancer. There’s nothing inside her to enlighten her soul. She cant do a thing to make her feel whole. So what if she’s been looking in all the wrong places? Trying to find gratification in to fill her hearts spaces> What if the real answer isn’t something conceived , its not dreamt up by people but something received? See while everyone is trying to find a method that is great. True help can only come for our greatest creator. Whether she believes doesn’t change what is true. And all she can do is present this to you. She tries to show her good and cover her bad. Just show the happy but never the sad, but god isn’t fooled he sees under her mask . He knows all her thoughts and her unending tasks. That search for acceptance to keep and preserve it. But there’s nothing good in her to ever deserve it. But tho she is sinful  and stood as god’s foe. Because he is good he stood up and said: No i won't leave you alone, Though you deserve hell. I’ll love you and free you, from your prison cell. I’ll come as a man and die in your place, taking your sin and giving you grace. But i Won't stay dead i’ll rise from the grave. I’ll show you i'm alive and i’m willing to save. Your time on earth may be still with strife. But repent and believe and i'll give you life.” So though she’s wretched and hopeless alone. God chose to love her and make her his own. Now she’s alive when once she was dead. So she’s simply a beggar showing where to find bread. See the trouble she faces has been true from the start. The heart of her problem is the problem of her heart. She’s all full of flaws, full of sin, full of vice. Her heart needs transforming and a cleansing by christ. It's not superficial touch ups but supernatural change. It gives new breath to her lungs, new life to her veins. Now whatever she goes through, she don't need a fake smile, Because she is forgiven and adopted and loved as god’s child . Now it's not just her answer that suits her the best. Not just a nice lifestyle valid, it's all the rest. No… It’s the way and the truth and the life, The reason her smile isn’t fake...

-Destiny Matos