Emotion

Don’t look at me that way. Don’t look at me like I wear illogical inconsistency upon my stretched sleeve that wraps itself around my gripped hand. The fabric that my fingers grip so tightly gives me comfort that is logical whether you believe so or not because everything that humans do to feel comfort in this world composed of judgment and self-righteousness is logical in their mind that inevitably feels emotion. I feel the fabric of my sleeve because it represents my ability to feel pure human emotion. I can’t help that you concentrate on the logical things in life instead of the very emotions inside of you that are quenched of their full power and expression to override this logicality with love. Your emotions thirst for the ability to destroy apathetic foolishness. They thirst to spew from your mouth and tell you how you really feel even when logicality tells you not to feel. They thirst for another soul to listen to them and share its emotions with them until the emotions from both of the souls join in perfect harmony. They thirst for the realization that they are credible and worthy of sharing. They thirst to be shared through music and art and love and tears that leave shallow rivers upon your cheek. So don’t look at me with judgment in your eyes because the most important thing I am entitled to is the ability to feel. I can laugh until my stomach feels heavy. I can sing praises until my throat is numb from emotion rising out of the very air I breathe. I can cry when my heart is burdened by the weight of logicality exuding from people like you. I can love someone so much that I see God within their beautiful soul. I can feel guilt from judging a self-righteous and vacant soul like you, for I do not know why you fear facing your own emotions. Did he hit you? Did she leave you? Was he taken by God against your will? Did you feel so many painful emotions in one moment that it caused you to become numb? Did logicality become your protective skin that covers what’s truly inside? Well let me remind you that our skin fails. We fall and scrape our knee. We are penetrated by unforeseen bullets as a result of a world that can’t face its own emotions. This physical harm causes complete vulnerability. It’s not escapable. Emotion is like a memory that replays in your mind while you lay in your bed and stare into silent darkness. Emotion is a companion that will always speak the truth. Emotion is song that strikes the chords within your breaking heart. Emotion is the creator or destroyer of your world. I pray to the God that created human emotion that you will look at me with sympathy and understanding. Most importantly, I pray that you will discover your emaciated hand that is gripping your saturated sleeve.