Connecting With Humanity

Sat, 03/22/2014 - 14:15 -- hopps82

We all have this vision of how the world should be    What the people around us lack and how we believe they should      We are so consumed by our visions and yet most of us do not bother to make a difference   If I could change something I would start off by changing who I am    By changing the way I percieve the world    By allowing myself to become more open-minded         The doors of opportunity will open before me     For once I open my mind I will be able to open my heart         Doing so will give me the courage to touch the hearts and souls of others     To inspire them, to motivate them, to give them hope     No matter how rude others may seem, or how strange              Every human is the same as I   For every human is not less or more of a person than me      We all deserve the same level of respect          Therefore, by opening my mind and overlooking the flaws and differences of others I can remind myself they are equally important    That like me they are just human   Perceiving others in this way will make way for a change not only within me, but hopefully in those I may come across in my lifetime