Colorful Eyes

My grandmother told me to fall in love with the eyes, Because they never change. I believed her when we started dating, Your warm brown eyes always sparkled, As you talked about me and our future. I remember the first time we said I love you, Your eyes filled with colorful tears. We would stay up all night talking, But in the dark, I never saw the change in your eyes. Going from I love you to just nodding your head.  I remember telling you I love you,  And watching your eyes lose their sparkle.  I remember the first time we said I love you,  Your eyes filled with colorful tears.  We would stay up all night but,  Only I would talk of the world and my dreams.  I got your eyes to sparkles only once more,  As I told you the story of my grandmother and her love of eyes.  One night you told me that eyes do age and how feeling fade.  I remember the first time we said I love you,  Your eyes filled with colorful tears. Now that you are gone, I stand alone by my grandmother’s grave. Screaming into the black night, How eyes don’t change but The people behind them do. I remember the first time we said I love you, My eyes are now filled with colorful tears.  

yokonotono

This is really good omg

sarahdougal

I love the repetition and change in the lines, "I remember the first time we said I love you, Your/My eyes (now) filled with colorful tears." That was the perfect way to end it, too. Plus the grandmother dying?? Holy symbolism and stuff right there. Really good.