Cerulean Blue

Enthralled to the entity soothingly igniting midnight's azure,                                                             

I marveled at the moon’s majesty, formidable brilliance accentuating each contour.

Mesmerized by impeccable exquisiteness, a strident voice halted the blissful entrancement,

A father embittered with austerity, my thoughts eluding the moonlit enchantment.

As clamorous quarreling among my parents depreciated into discreet hums,

the moon’s serenity overlooked stilled, unruffled humanity, gradually beaconing new dawns,

Riddled with dreams nestled in cerulean blue.

Aversely sensing night’s surrender to daylight’s daunting, dispiriting breeze,

The awaited blue skies were seized by materialism overcasting charmed reveries.

Rose-tinted idealism was fragmented by the dry callousness of daily motions,

The universe’s natural riches exiled from society’s vain microcosms.

Superficial realities exhausted of resplendent color, a bleak stillness quieted the seas.

For it seemed my own perception, blessed with appreciation of that imperceptible to most eyes,

Would stifle me into isolation, the abstracted student lumbering tenuously two steps behind,

The others plunging pragmatically beyond fear with every undulating ripple, as I dreamt

sinuously upon the sand.

Diverging pathways, but still finding myself in places synchronous to where the others would stand,

Scarcely could I evade an elder’s punitive reprimand, my hands achingly beseeching a third option

beyond the skies.

From within came a fecund mind enabling me to evaporate intimidating depths toward smaller beginnings,

But tis, I remained the paragon of unspoken dreams, conflicted in mind and heart through the years coming.

I am the winsome sense of wonder whom seldom devalued her idealistic touch of gold,

Enriched with emotions overweening from the heart, ceaselessly binding a message still yet untold.

Still yet to abandon cherished childlike curiosities, always enticed by the hypnotically alluring,

I am the peregrine empathizing with the fragile, unwritten souls, blessed by providence as I patiently unfold.

I am the nymph captivated by elation as I farsightedly transcend turbulent waters and distorted perceptions,

And the heart preserving love beyond condition toward humanity, but alas, still swaying steadfastly for unswerving affection.

I am the light resisting confinement to wrath’s spiteful chattels, persevering toward a fated purpose beyond obfuscating tunnels,

And the blithe spirit who sees pulchritude in the most inconspicuous flowers, mystically bestowing care upon the forgotten bundles.

.I am the person forgoing begrudging malice toward my friend and fiend, tracing forgiveness from every healing wound and lesion,

And cautiously assessing the waters before submerging into the unknown, seeking unfound wisdoms to touch souls and set them free.

Perhaps I am merely delusional, yet to flourish toward maximized potential and encounter clarity in thought and mind.

I am the escaped water lily gliding limpid seas, expressive, impassioned, and uncontainable among tempestuous waves and tides,

Victim to fickle sensitivities, bearing too much vulnerability to yesterday’s melancholy mysticism, and today’s chiding cynicism.

I am the mind balancing negatives and positives against today’s objective, dithering between common sensibilities and romanticism,

And still, the ethereal enigma catering to an irrepressible imagination, descending to depths past the questionable and taboo with optimism.

Tis, I remain aimlessly afloat, motioning through every current, missing the wings needed to flee beyond ocean and fly, attempting the untried,

But seldom deprived of the riches in a young girl's sense of wonder, contemplating yesterday's lessons as I aspire for a tomorrow with promising idealism,

Restfully dreaming upon the shoreline through passing time, as I sit and bide.