Bully Me From Behind the Screen

The computer screen is your shield and the keyboard is your sword.
Holding onto every word you say. Now go on and do not hold back because in the cyber world you find the confidence that in reality you lack.
Now pick out a girl who just wants to be accepted. Post some mean and hurtful things to make her feel rejected.
Keep on going now and enjoy it while you do. Tell everyone about it and have them join in on it too. Post after post and message after message. Lies after Lies. It is killing her inside.
Now you do not stop because you finally feel better about yourself, but you never stop once to think about anyone else. Now this girl that everyone has hurt cannot stop going back to the comments that everyone has posted.
The lies everyone has said keeps re-playing in her head and those messages she thought were private; everyone has read. Feeling alone and helpless she has no one to tell. She shuts down her computer and cries alone in her bed.
Now it is six months later. You have found the confidence that you once lacked, but does it make you feel any better. That girl that you bullied is gone and she is never coming back.
Never once thought about the consequences of your actions.
Never even fathomed that the girl would have such a negative reaction to the confidence you found behind the screen. The confidence that was so hurtful and mean.
The lies that you decided to make up on your keyboard. You re-reading and laughing at every single word.
NO!
Never thought once to apologize for being so mean. Now it is too late to take it back. The consequences of your actions when you decided to bully me behind the screen.

Poetry Slam: