#BecauseILoveYou or How Our Love is an Oak Tree

Trees take time to grow

Love takes time to grow

Cannot be forced into something it is not or manipulated into moving faster than it is able

Think of the unlikely nature of surviving as a tree

Think of the unlikely circumstances of building a healthy life with someone

Even before the destruction of man thrust its way into the trees livelihoods made of human gold

The oak tree had it a little rough

Even sans the outside forces of distance, other people determined on bringing others down,

Love has had it a little rough

The seed must first find its own patch of ground, with enough sun to grow, but not so much to leave it without protection

Friendship, love's greatest seed, must find its own spots in the crevices of our hearts, bright enough to make a difference but not overpowering the rest of our lives

Balance is key

Balance is key

The tree, with enough water and light and a little luck, will begin to grow

The love, with enough time and care and a little happenstance, will begin to grow

The sapling will grow into a tiny tree which will grow into a little bigger tree and keep on growing and growing

The relationship will grow into something more, getting bigger and stronger and keep on growing and growing

The tree must survive storms and fires and famine

The love must survive storms and fires and famine

But if it has the right balance of what it needs, water, light, and a little luck

But if it has the right balance of what it needs, understanding, trust, and a little luck

It can become so much more